What Makes Your Organization Unique?
One of the significant challenges of any organization is identifying and living out what makes the organization unique, and what has uniquely made an organization successful over time? There is difficulty and challenge in answering organizational questions such as:
- What are the purpose and values of the organization?
- What unique value does the organization deliver?
- How does the organization uniquely deliver value?
- What is the organization’s unique contribution to making the world a better place?
- How then do we communicate and live this out to our internal and external stakeholders?
Discovering Your Unique Identity
In the Bible, we see God creating and organizing with purpose in mind. He creates people with different and unique gifts and resources to steward what He has given, working together in unity to accomplish His good purposes. This is the essence of a Business Formula.
The Business formula is the unique collaboration and coordination of the purpose and values of the organization, the unique value the organization delivers, and how the organization uniquely delivers that value. Managing the Business Formula is a way to describe and communicate the unique ways the organization creates value that pleases people, delivers the benefits of the organization to its beneficiaries, and builds loyalty to the organization.